Thursday, January 24, 2013

Collar Necklaces or Mehndi Motifs?

I'm finding that there are so many wonderful sources of inspiration for me to translate into crochet that I'm having to decide where to focus my energies and what goals I might achieve this year as an aspiring designer. Of the two possibilities, what would you be most interested in crocheting?

One possibility, inspired by seeing this necklace worn by Lady Mary on Downton Abbey, is to create a series of collar style necklaces. The designs would be inspired by Victorian beaded necklaces.
Lady Mary's necklace
The second possibility is to create a series of motifs inspired by mehndi designs. The motifs could be used for just about any project, but would be designed for thread.

Inspiration for Payal Barefoot Sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment